Atheists
People who profess to be atheists, and then have children strike me as the worst sort of person. And not even people who profess atheism. Too many people are religeous only insomuch as its a cultural tradition. Their reasons can only be rooted in cowardice, stupidity or utter selfishness. To create life is to kill it. Unless you have some strong religeous conviction.
Having children is, in such a situation, a worse crime than murder. Murder merely hastens the inevitable - birth on the other hand creates something that can only later be destroyed.
I have more respect for the 9:11 terrorists than I do for atheists. Terrorists at least kill because they belive in something.
Having children is, in such a situation, a worse crime than murder. Murder merely hastens the inevitable - birth on the other hand creates something that can only later be destroyed.
I have more respect for the 9:11 terrorists than I do for atheists. Terrorists at least kill because they belive in something.

1 Comments:
Given that you seem to insist on seeing life as a long drawn out death, then I suppose I can see your point.
But as an athiest I can tell you that death is a tiny part of what can be a long life, and to insist that the end of your life is in fact the only thing that counts seem to be rather stupid. I'd put forward the thought that the longer your life the more insignificant the death, since your life covered so much more than that ending. Thus those people YOU respect more than me, that murder; shorten people's lives, and thus make their ending all the more sad and significant.
As for not having children, well I have no desire to join the ranks of the breeders right now. But to claim that not having children is the right way to go, that not reproducing stops us "killing" life is absurd. Death is the end of possibilities, a person killed has his possibilities removed from him, to never breed is to prevent those possibilities from ever existing and some how I cannot see how that is better.
Post a Comment
<< Home